Saturday 20 January 2018

Sri Gopala Akshaya Kavacham – Sri Bhrama Samhitha – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||












Sri Narada speaks “ Oh! Prabho, kindly narrate the highly promising sacred armor known as Akshaya Kavacham, which provides victory in the three worlds that was already described to Lord Indhra and all the deities.”


Lord Bhrama speaks “ Oh! Puthra, Oh! Munishreshta/illustrious among sages, carefully listen to the highly propitious and sacred armor which was narrated by Lord Narayana to Lord Indhra and deities,  this sacred armor was composed by Rishi Prajapathi/who is the preserver of living beings and it would bring victory in the three worlds, Sri Thrailokhyavijaya Akshaya Kavacham was composed by Prajapathi Rishi, Anushtup as Chandhass, Lord Narayana Paramathma is presiding deity, it is recited to attain Dharma/righteousness, Arththa/wealth, Kama/desires, and Moksha/liberation from repeated births.  I shall meditate upon Govinda and earnestly pray to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to Jagathprabhu who is the Lord of the Universe to protect my shank, I shall earnestly pray to Keshava who have most beautiful curly hair locks to protect my thighs, I shall earnestly pray to Dhamodhara who got tied with the rope around stomach to protect my waist line, I shall earnestly pray to Srihari who is the consort of Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Acchyutha who is imperishable to protect my Nadidhesham/vein,artery, nerve etc.. I shall earnestly pray to Vishnu to protect me from the left, I shall earnestly pray to Sudharshana to protect from my right, I shall earnestly pray to Vasudeva to protect my arm and shoulder areas, I shall earnestly pray to Janardhana who is the protector of Universe and its living beings to protect my heart, I shall earnestly pray to Lord Vishnu who is embodied as Varaha/wild boar to protect my throat,  I shall earnestly pray to Lord Vishnu who is personified as Lord Krishna to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Madhava who is the consort of Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi to protect my ears, I shall earnestly pray to Hrishikesha who is the Lord of senses to protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to Lord Narayana who reclines on the Anantha in the milky ocean to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Garudadhvaja who carries majestic flag that has the symbol of Garuda/king of birds to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Keshava to protect my cheeks, I shall earnestly pray to Chakrapani who is wielded in powerful wheel to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Madhava to protect me during the hours of dawn, I shall earnestly pray to Madhusoodhana who is the slayer of demon Madhu to protect me during the hours of noon, I shall earnestly pray to supreme Lord who is the destroyer of demons to protect me during the hours of dusk, I shall earnestly pray to Chandhra to protect me during the hours of night, I shall earnestly pray to Pundareekaksha who has the eyes resembles to lotus flower petals to protect me from the east,  I shall earnestly pray to Janardhana to protect me from northwest, Oh! Vathsa, I have narrated the sacred armor of Gopala Akshaya Kavacham which are the essence of the sacred hymns to you, it is highly auspicious and it should be adorned on the right hand, it is tied around the right hand or around the neck by deities, humans, Gandharva, it provides Sarvasiddhis to the worshiper, it provides victory in the battle fields and it is definite that the worshiper would remain successful in all his/her births, childless couple would attain virtuous offspring, worshiper would be freed from the afflictions and illnesses, ultimately attain the abde of Lord Vishnu.”


Sri Narada Uvacha –

Indhradhya Amaravargeshu  Bhramanyath Paramathbhutham | Akshayam Kavacham Nama Kathayasva Mama Prabho ||

Yadhdhruthvakarnnya  Veerasthu  Thrailokhya Vijayee  Bhaveth ||

Bhramovacha –

Shrunu Puthra  Munishreshta Kavacham Paramathbhutham ||

Indhradhi Devavrindhaishcha  Narayana Mukhashrutham | Thrailokhya Vijayasyasya  Kavachasya Prajapathi: ||


Rishi Cchandho Devatha Cha Sadha Narayana: Prabhu: | Asya  Sri Thrailokhya Vijayakshaya Kavachasya  Prajapathi Rishi: | Anushtup Cchandha: | Sri Narayana: Paramathma  Devatha | Dharma Arththa Kama Moksharththe Jape Viniyoga: | Padhau  Rakshathu Govindho Janghe Pathu Jagathprabhu: ||


Ooru Dhau Keshava: Pathu Kati Dhamodharasthatha: | Vadhanam Srihari: Pathu  Nadidhesham  Cha Mey Acchyutha: ||

Vamaparshvam Thadha  Vishnur Dhakshinam  Cha Sudharshana: | Bahumoole  Vasudevo  Hridhayam  Cha Janardhana:||

Kandam Pathu  Varahashcha  Krishnashcha  Mukhamandalam | Karnnau  Mey Madhava: Pathu Hrishikeshacha Nasike ||

Nethre Narayana ; Pathu Lalatam  Garudadhvaja: | Kapolam Keshava: Pathu Chakrapani: Shirasthadha ||

Prabhathe Madhava : Pathu Madhyahne  Madhusoodhana: | Dhinanthe  Dhaithyanashashcha  Rathrau  Rakshathu Chandhrama: ||

Poorvasyam Pundareekaksho  Vayavyam  Cha Janardhana: | Ithe The Kathitham  Vathsa  Sarva Manthraughavigraham ||

Thava Snehan Maya Khyatham  Na Vakthavyam  Thu Kasyachith | Kavacham Dharayedhyasthu  Sadhako Dhakshine Bhuje ||

Deva Manushya  Gandharva  Yajjyasthasya  Na Samshaya: | Yoshidhvamabhuje  Chaiva Purusho Dhakshino Bhuje ||

Nibhruyath Kavacham Punyam Sarvasiddhiyutho Bhaveth | Kande  Yo Dharayeth Thath Kavacham  Manthraroopinam ||

Yuddhe Jayamavapnothi Dhyoothe  Vadhe  Cha Sadhaka: | Sarvadha  Jayamapnothi Nishchitham  Janma Janmani ||


Aputhro Labathe Puthram Roganashasthadha Bhaveth | Sarvathapa Pramukthashcha  Vishnulokam Sa Gacchathi ||


|| Ithi Bhramasamhithoktham  Sri Gopala Akshaya Kavacham Sampoornnam ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||