Monday 22 January 2018

Dhainyashtakam – Sri Haridasa Virachitham – Lyrics and meaning



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Srikrishna who is the of Lord Gokulam, he is divine personified as son of Nandhagopa, he became the son of Yasodha, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, kindly shower mercy on me.  He is the source of happiness of Vraja, he merrily resides on the sacred land of Vraja, he resides in the heart of young maidens of Vraja, and he performs amorous sport with the young maidens of Vraja on daily basis, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, kindly shower mercy on me.  He is the essence of sacred text Srimad Bhagavatham, he is graceful, he has various sacred names, and he has performed various passionate sports, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, kindly shower mercy on me.  He is the source of happiness to Yasodha, he is supremely gorgeous, and his lotus like face is covered in beautiful curls of hair locks, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, kindly shower mercy on me.  He appeases the pain of separation of young maidens of Vraja, he is supreme ascetic who follows strict austerities, he is store house of virtues and he is eulogized by Veda and Vedantha, he is extremely compassionate to the distressed people, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless kindly shower mercy on me.  He is worshiped and eulogized by zealous devotees, he is impartial, he is fond of listening to the glories sung by his passionate devotees, and he symbolizes eternal bliss, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless kindly shower mercy on me.  He resides in the heart of virtuous people, he is most cherished as the composer of sacred text Bhagavad Gita, he is imperishable, and he is devoid of passion, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless kindly shower mercy on me.  He resides in the heart of virtuous people who sincerely follows their preceptor, he has performed hundreds of passionate sports, I shall always surrender to the lotus feet of supreme Lord Srikrishna, Oh! Prabho, I am helpless kindly shower mercy on me.


Srikrishna Gokuladheesha  Nandhagopathanudhbhava | Yasodhagarbha Sambhootha Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||

Vrajanandha  Vrajavasa  Vrajasthri Hridhayasthitha | Vrajaleelakritham Nithyam Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||

Sri Bhagavatha Bhavarththarasathman  Rasikathmaka | Namaleela Vilasarththam Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru |\

Yasodhahridhayanandha  Vihithanganaringana | Alakavritha Vakthrabja  Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||

Viraharththi Vrathasthathman  Gunaganashruthipriya | Mahadhainyadhayothbhootha  Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||

Athyasaktha Janasaktha  Parokshabhajanapriya | Paramanandhasandhoha  Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||

Nirodhashuddhahridhaya  Dhayitha Geethamohitha | Athyanthika Viyogathman Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||

Swacharya Hridhayasthayi Leelashathayutha Prabho | Sarvadha Sharanam Yathe Mayi Dheene Kripam Kuru ||


 || Jai Sriman Narayana ||