Saturday 9 December 2017

Sri Vishnu Shodashanamani Sthothram – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||










I shall meditate upon Lord Vishnu who is attired in pure garment resembles to sky, he has the luster of moon, he has four hands, he has pleasing disposition, he eradicates all the obstacles of the worshiper, I shall meditate upon supreme Lord Vishnu  who is serene, he reclines on the serpent Anantha, he is Padmanabha who is the Lord of Lords, he is beloved of Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi, his beautiful eyes has the resemblance to lotus flower petals, he is eulogized by illustrious Yogis, Rishis and Sages,  he eradicates all the miseries and perils of material existence, he is the Lord of the whole world.   I shall meditate upon Lord Vishnu while taking medicines, I shall meditate upon Lord Janardhana while consuming meals, I shall meditate upon Lord Padmanabha who have lotus flower on navel while  sleeping, I shall meditate upon Prajapathi who is the source of offspring during marriage, I shall meditate upon Chakradhara who is wielded in powerful wheel while in the battlefield, I shall meditate upon  Thrivikrama who measured the Universe with the three strides while living in foreign land, I shall mediatate upon Lord Narayana while departing from the world, I shall meditate upon Lord Sreedhara who carries Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi on his chest while having pleasing hours with wedded wife, I shall meditate upon Govindha during the hours of nightmares, I shall meditate upon Madhusoodhana who is the slayer of demon Madhu while going through intense grief and miseries, I shall meditate upon Lord Vishnu who is embodied as Lord Narasimha,/half lion-half man while conducting expedition through dense wood, I shall meditate upon Jalashayin who reclines on the milky ocean during the hours of fire accidents, I shall meditate upon Lord Vishnu who embodied as Varaha /wild boar  during the hours of travelling on a ferry or in the middle of water, I shall meditate upon Raghunandhana who was  born in the illustrious  clan of Raghu, while conducting expedition through hills, I shall meditate upon Vamana/dwarf while moving through the lands, I shall always meditate upon Madhava who is beloved consort of Goddess Mahalakshmi before commencing any deed, whoever reads or listens to the glorious sixteen names of Lord Vishnu during the early hours of dawn would be relieved from all the sins, ultimately attain the abode of Lord Vishnu.


Shuklambaradharam Vishnum  Shashivarnnam  Chathurbujam | Prasannavadhanam  Dhyayeth  Sarvavighnopashanthaye ||

Shanthakaram Bhujagashayanam Padmanabham  Suresham | Vishvadharam  Gaganasadhrusham Meghavarnnam Shubhangam | Lakshmikantham  Kamalanayanam  Yogibhirdhyanagamyam | Vandhe Vishnum  Bhavabhayaharam Sarvalokaikanatham ||

Aushadhe Chinthayeth Vishnum Bhojane Cha  Janardhanam | Shayane Padmanabham  Cha Vivahe  Cha Prajapathim ||

Yuddhe Chakradharam Devam  Pravase  Cha Thrivikram | Narayanam  Thanuthyago  Sreedharam  Priyasangame ||

Dhusvapane  Smare  Govindham  Sankate Madhusoodhanam | Kanane Narasimham  Cha Pavake  Jalashayinam ||

Jalamadhye Varaham  Cha Parvathe  Raghunandhanam |Gamane  Vamanam Chaiva  Sarvakaryeshu  Madhavam ||

Shodashaithani Namani Pratharuththaya  Ya: Padeth | Sarvapapa Vinirmuktho  Vishnuloke Maheeyathe ||



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||