Wednesday 22 November 2017

Sri Kethu Kavacham –Bhramanda Puranam - Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||





I shall always prostrate before Kethu who has dreadful appearance, and he represents various colors, he is decked in magnificent crown, he has the resemblance to flag, he is the Lord of planets, I shall earnestly pray to Chithravarnna who represents multiple colors to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Dhoomravarnna who has the complexion of smoke to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Pingalaksha who have reddish-brown eyes to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Rakthalochana who has blood soaked eyes to protect my ears, I shall earnestly pray Suvarnnabha who has attractive appearance with multiple colors to protect my senses/nose, I shall earnestly pray Simhikasutha who is the son of Simhika to protect my cheeks, I shall earnestly pray to Kethu to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Grahadhipa who is the commander of planets to protect my back of shoulders, I shall earnestly pray to Surashreshta who is illustrious among deities to protect my hands, I shall earnestly pray to Mahagraha who is mighty planet to protect my stomach, I shall earnestly pray to Mahasura to protect my back and waist line, and middle part of the body, I shall earnestly pray to Mahasheersha who has great head to protect my thighs, I shall earnestly pray to Athikopana who is wrathful to protect my knees, I shall earnestly pray to Kroora who is brutal to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to Narapingala who has unique form to protect my all limbs, these are sacred armor praising the splendor of Sri Kethu which is capable to eradicates all kinds of illnesses and enemies of the worshiper, and whoever recites or listen to it would remain victorious always.

|| Dhyanam ||

Kethum Karalavadhanam Chithravarnnam Kireedinam | Pranamami Sadha Kethum Dhvajakaram Graheshvaram ||

Chithravarnna: Shira:  Pathu Phalam Dhoomrasamadhyuthi: | Pathu Nethre Pingalaksha: Shruthi Mey Rakthalochana: ||

Ghranam Pathu Suvarnnabha Chibukam Simhikasutha: | Pathu Kandam Cha Mey Kethu: Sakandhau Pathu Grahadhipa: ||

Hasthau Pathu Surashreshta: Kukshim Pathu Mahagraha: | Simhasana: Kadim Pathu Madhyam Pathu Mahasura: ||

Ooru Pathu Mahasheersho Januni Mey Athikopana: | Pathu Padhau Cha Mey Kroora: Sarvangam Narapingala: ||


Ya Idham Kavacham Dhivyam Sarvarogavinashanam | Sarvashathru Vinasham Cha  Dharanath Vijayee Bhaveth ||


|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||