Saturday 10 December 2016

Sri Shanaishchara Sahasranama Sthothram – Poorvabhaga: Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||










Neelanjana Samabhasam Raviputhram Yamagrajam | Cchaya Marthanda Sambhootham Tham Namami Shanaishcharam ||



I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Shanaishchara who is the son of Lord Surya and younger brother to Lord Yama, I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara who was born to  Devi Cchaya and Lord Marthanda, and has the luster of lightning.


Sri Shanaishchara Sahasranama Sthothra is highly propitious hymn and it was composed by Rishi Kashyapa, it has Anushtup as Chandass, presiding deity is Lord Shanaishchara as Keelakam, it is recited to please Shanaishchara.


Nyasa -

I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishchara and offer salutation with the thumb, I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishchara who has slow gait and offer salutation with the  index finger,  I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishchara who is Adhokshaja and offer salutation with the middle finger, I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishcahara who is Shaura/valorous and offer salutation with the ring finger, I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishchara who is Shushkodhara/withered and offer salutation with the little finger, I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishchara who is Cchayathmaja/son of Devi Cchaya and offer salutation with the palm an back portion of the palm.

Hrudhaya Nyasa –

I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara and assumes his eternal presence of him in my heart, I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara who has slow gait and assumes his presence on my head, I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara who is  Adhokshaja and assumes his presence on my tuft, I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara who is Shaura and assumes his presence as my armor, I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara who is Shushkodhara and assumes his presence in my eyes,  I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara  son of Devi Cchaya who turns into Asthra and assumes his presence in all directions.


Dhyanam –


I shall meditate upon Lord Shanaishchara who is in Chapasana/bow posture, mounted on vulture, he has blue complexion and keeping his face on  westwards direction, he is born in the clan of Kashyapa, he is wielded in trident, chapa/bow, and Gadha/mace, he is Shauri who is prominent in the region of Saurashtra, he is Neelambara/Saturn, attired in blue garment, he has blue complexion, he is decked in magnificent crown, he is mounted on vulture, he has unnatural bodily features, he is decked in Keyoora and Angadha/armlets, and he has pleasing disposition with slow gait.



|| Asya Sri  Shanaishchara  Sahasranama Sthothra Mahamanthrasya | Kashyapa Rishi: Anushtup Chandha: | Shanaishcharo Devatha | Mam Keelakam | Shanaishchara  Prasadha Siddhyarthe Japeviniyoga: ||

Nyasa -

Shanaishcharaya Angushtabhyam Nama: | Mandhagathaye Tharjjaneebhyam Nama: | Adhokshajaya Madhyamabhyam Nama: | Sauraye  Anamikabhyam Nama: | Shushkodharaya  Kanishtikayabhyam Nama: | Cchayathmajaya  Karathala  Karaprishtabhyam Nama: ||

Hrudhaya Nyasa -

Shanaishcharaya  Hridhayaya Nama: | Mandhagathaye Shirase Svaha | Adhokshajaya Shikhayai Vashat | Sauraye  Kavachaya Hum | Shushkodharaya  Nethrathrayaya Vashat | Cchayathmajaya  Asthraya Phat | Bhoor Bhuva: Suvarom Ithi Digbandha: ||

Dhyanam –

Chapasano Gridhradharasthu Neela: Prathyangmukha: Kashyapa Gothra Jatha: |
Sa Shoola Chapeshu Gadhadharovyath | Saurashtradhesha  Prabhavashcha Shauri: ||

Neelambaro Neelavapu: Kireedi  Ghrudhrasanastho Vikrithananascha | Keyoora Haradhi Vibhooshithanga:  Sadhasthu Me  Mandhagathi: Prasanna : ||


|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||