Wednesday 5 October 2016

Sri Saraswathi Kavacham Sthothram – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||






The armor of Goddess Sri Saraswathi  is constructed by Rishi Samyogeshwara and it has Anushtup as Chandhass, it describes the glories of Goddess Sri Saraswathi, it is recited to please Goddess Sri Saraswathi.


I shall meditate upon supreme Goddess Sri Saraswathi who is the mother of the three world/Thrailokhyamatha, she is  Vagdevi/Goddess of speech, her body is smeared in rich fragrant sandal paste, she is attired in majestic white silk garment, she is decorated with the garlands of Mallika, she is decked in various precious ornaments that spreads intense luster, she is the symbol of supreme wisdom and knowledge, she carries sacred scriptures and Rudraksha prayer beads,  Oh! Vagdevi, I shall earnestly pray to bless us with your eternal presence on our lotus like face.


Let the sacred hymns of ‘Omkara’ protects my head, let the ‘Aimkara’ protects my face, let the ‘Sakara’ protects my eyes, let the ‘Rakara’ protects my ears, let the ‘Swakara’ protects my nose, let the ‘Thyaikara’ protects my cheeks, let the ‘Nakara’ protects my lips, let the ‘Makara’ protects the line of teeth, let my tongue protects by Vidhyakala/who is the personification of wisdom and all art forms, let my words/speech protects by Vagdevatha/Goddess who provides clarity in words and speech, let my neck protects by Suswara/who has melodious voice, let my chest protects by Karunyamanasa/who is compassionate, let my hands protects by Pusthakahastha/who carries sacred scriptures in her hands, let my stomach protects by Vadadhalodhara, let my waist areas protects by Kanakavasthradya/who is attired in magnificent golden garments, let my thighs protects by Ramboruka/who has the loveliness of celestial Apsara Ramba, let my productive organs protects by Sugopyabeejadya/highly confidential, let my feet protects by Nathamara and all my body parts remains protected by Goddess Sri Saraswathi who is worshiped by all.


The sacred verses of Bharathi Kavacham is highly meritorious, whoever reads or listens to the glorious verses of armor of Goddess Sri Saraswathi would be blessed with supernatural powers and supreme intellect, even the unwise would transform into intellectual like the brilliance of Adithya.


|| Asya Sri Saraswathi Kavachasya Samyogeshwara Rishi: Anushtup Chandha: Sri Saraswathi Devatha | Sri Saraswathi Prasadha Siddhyarthe Jape Viniyoga: ||

Dhyanam –

Srimad Chandana Charcchitho Jwalavapu: Shuklambara Mallika | Malalalitha Kunthala Pravilasan Mukthavali Shobhitha | Sarvagnana Nidhana Pusthakadhara Rudraksha Malangitha | Vag Devi Vadhanambuje Vasathu Me Thrailokhya Matha Shuba ||

Om Karo Me Shira: Pathu Aikara: Pathu Me Mukham | Sakara: Pathu Me Nethre  Rakara: Shrothra Yugmakam ||

Swakaro Nasikam Pathu Thyakaro Gandayugmakam | Nakara: Pathvoshta Yugmam Makaro Dhantha Pankthikam ||

Jihvam Vidhyakala Pathu Vacham Vagdevatha Mama | Kandam Me Su Swara Pathu Vaksha; Karunyamanasa ||

Hasthau Pusthaka Hastha Me Kukshim Vadadhalodhara | Kadim Kanaka Vasthradya Ooru Ramboruka Mama ||

Guhyam Sugopya Beejadya Padhau Pathu Nathamara | Sarvangam Sarvadha Pathu Sarva Poojya Saraswathi ||

Bharathi Kavacham Punyam Padatham Sarvasiddhidham | Sarva Vidhya Pradham Shreshtam Kumathidhvantha Bhaskaram ||



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||